We received some difficult news about our sweet Teddy this weekend: He has large mass in his abdomen, probably on his spleen, and it has to come out tomorrow (Monday). We took him to the vet on Saturday, asked for an x-ray, and there it was. We then had to take him immediately to The Ohio State University, which is just across town, but seemed so far away given the seven inches of snow that was still falling at the time of transport. Teddy remains at OSU in intensive care until tomorrow morning. We thought they would operate immediately, but the vets at OSU thought he was stable enough to await a full surgical team on Monday. We had to leave him in their care until then because the mass could rupture, and then all bets would be off if he were at home. It could be cancerous, or not, and we won't know until it is biopsied. So, it has been a stressful weekend, and tomorrow will be a difficult day of waiting and hoping. So, if you are so inclined, think of our good boy, Teddy, and say a little prayer for him, and us, that God might smile on us all tomorrow. Let us hope that a really good dog gets to come home to the people who love him.
We love you Teddy!
All images and designs are copyrighted and the property of Dana Keating Marziale and may not be used or reproduced without express written permission. Copyright 2011